These past few days have flown by. Between jet lag, staying out super late, meeting tons of new people, and living in a city where I don't speak the language, I am pretty exhausted as I start this week of Italian classes. My apartment is nice, not a mansion, but modest, yet cute. It is three floors, with a bedroom and full bath on the top two floors, and a kitchen and full bath on the bottom floor. My room mates are great, all cool girls from the north east. This morning I made us scrambled eggs before class.
Here a some things I have learned/experienced since getting to Perugia:
- The pizza is..fantastic. I've already tried two different places (there are like a million pizzarias all over Perugia, and Perugia is not a big town). For lunch today I split a margharita pizza with a friend. A few days ago for dinner I asked our waiter to bring me his favorite, and he brought me one with tomotos, mozzerlla, mushrooms, chili sauce, some other unknown but delicious sauce, and sausage. It was great and I ate it all (it wasnt that big)!
- Italians have three words for the color blue. One that means dark blue, one that means blue like the ocean, and one that means light blue. I love that.
- Every Italian I have met here knows right away that I am from America because of my hair, and they love to stroke it (sort of weird).
- There are no stop signs or stop lights in the centro (my area of town). Drivers are crazy.
- Last night an apartment of American girl students like me had people over for homemade lasagna, veggies, bread, and wine. Great conversations, great people.
- People in Perugia love dogs! and they are constantly walking them everywhere. Italian dogs are the cutest.
-All the views are spectacular. There is no bad view of the city. ever. ever.
-Perugia is super old. I walked on an old aquaduct; the eutruscans built a wall that still surrounds the centro. wow
I promise pictures are coming soon!!!
Lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment