Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sicily in the sun

Sicily, the piece of dirt the Italian boot is kicking on the map, is a different type of Italy than where I live. When I went there this weekend, we stayed in Trapani and took a 20 minute ferry over to Favignana (one of the Egadi Islands) on Saturday. There, we rented bikes (4 of us rented scooters, but the other 4 decided to stick to a normal, peddle-power bicycle--me included)and we explored the island, finding ruins, cliffs, flowers, horses, pigs, and great places to swim. It was such a beautiful day, we all got a little sunburned.I was just in awe the whole day of the natural beauty that Sicily holds. Biking was the perfect way to explore it, we took roads cars couldnt get to, and got to go further than we ever would have gotten on foot. Great weekend with a great group of friends. We may or may not have eaten gelato twice in one day....two days in a row.
Only four weeks left in this crazy place. I am done with my big traveling for now, I just want to explore Italy for my remaining weekends. Now that the weather is nicer, there is nothing stopping me from day tripping around to see everything I can before I go back to the states at the end of April.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment